The Dryer Ball Fad
Posted on March 06 2018
I was born and raised in a dryer sheet household.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
It wasn't until after our boutique opened that we were introduced to dryer balls. They weren't a new concept, but they were definitely new to us!
Six years later, we'll never go back to dryer sheets!
Dryer balls bounce around in your dryer, separating your clothes to allow more air circulation. They also absorb moisture to reduce drying time, are chemical-free, and reduce wrinkles.
Here are a few other cool facts about dryer balls:
- They save you money because they decrease drying time
- They don't contain chemicals that can be harmful to your skin
- They can be re-used for years (we've had ours for 5!) saving you even more money!
- They increase fluffiness and dryer your close naturally
- Made from a renewable resource!
We love them so much, we needed to loop in alpacas! Most dryer balls are made from wool, but we are now proud to carry 100% dryer balls made from the fleece of our very own alpacas. Our dryer balls also have an aluminum foil core to reduce static, a feature many dryer balls lack. Since they are made from 100% alpaca fleece, they will last even longer than wool dryer balls.
Still not convinced? Try a few!
We recommend 1-2 for small loads, 2-3 for medium loads and 3-5 for large loads.
Let us know what you love about dryer balls!